Charla en el IMASL

Instituto de Matemática Aplicada imasl en unsl.edu.ar
Jue Ago 28 11:21:39 ART 2008

CICLO DE CHARLAS EN EL INSTITUTO DE MATEMÁTICA APLICADA SAN LUIS
(IMASL)

    Título:
           "ON THE CURVE STRAIGHTENING FLOW OF PLANAR CURVES"
    Expone:

                      Dr. Dietmar ÖLZ

                               Wolfgan Pauli Institute
                 Universidad de Viena, Austria

    Lugar:    Laboratorio 2, LIAEM - Bloque II

    Fecha:  Viernes 29 de Agosto de 2008
                 11.00 Hs.

ABSTRACT: We consider the curve straghtening flow of planar curves generated by the Kirchhoff bending energy.We formulate the governing equations in terms of the indicatrix and scalar Lagrange multiplier and prove existence and regularity solutions.We compute the energy dissipation, prove its coercivity and conclude exponential decay of the energy.